About Portable Update
Portable Update is a windows-base tool for updating a Microsoft Windows computer in a isolated environment.
This is useful in many circumstances:
- When the computer reside on a secure lan isolated from internet;
- When the computer to update doesn’t have access or can't use a proxy server;
- When is necessary to completely update a fresh-formatted computer with the last update before
to connect it to network;
- When the computer doesn’t have an hardware network connection at all;
- When the network connection speed is too low or it is necessary to update the computer very quickly;
- In all the other cases when is mandatory to have the
complete control on the updating process without connecting the computer to the network.
How it works?
To update an isolated computer, Portable Update use an external cache to store updates.
- The cache can reside on any usb external drive or, via private lan network, on a shared path. Once an update is copied to the cache (the only time that
an internet connection is required), the same update will be used for all computer that need that particular update.
- You'll never download twice the same file to update different computers or for updating many times the same computer. For example, consider that the
dimension of one single update can reach and exceed 1 GByte!
- Once the update is stored into the cache folder , the program will use standard Windows Update API services to update your computer.
- Different updates from different operating systems can reside on the same cache folder because they are individually identified.
- As result, you can see the log update in the standard update history log exactly as it was done from the normal Windows Update site!
- For any other technical information, please read the
- Microsoft Windows 8.1;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2;
- Microsoft Windows 8;
- Microsoft Windows 7;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008;
- Microsoft Windows Xp starting from Sp3 ;
- Microsoft Windows Vista;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003;
- Microsoft Windows 2000 starting from SP4;
Microsoft® and Windows® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
No spyware, no adware, no viruses:
PortUp.exe Release 2.3.3, 633.488 byte, 26th April 2015, 18:09:41
If you like this software, consider to donate a small amount of money via PayPal, contributing to finance this web space, the development of new features and
debugging. Thank you very much in advance!
This software can be freely used for personal use, all non-profit organizations, including 501© nonprofit charitable orgs and the public school system.
In all commercial contexts, private and indipendent schools, PortUp is licensed on a physical/virtual updated machine basis for one year. For license details please contact:
PortUp is currently used by these non-profit organizations: