About Portable Update
Portable Update is a windows-base tool for updating a Microsoft Windows computer
in a isolated environment.
This is useful in many circumstances:
- When the computer reside on a secure lan isolated from internet;
- When the computer to update doesn’t have access or can't use a proxy server;
- When is necessary to completely update a fresh-formatted computer with the last
update before to connect it to network;
- When the computer doesn’t have an hardware network connection at all;
- When the network connection speed is too low or it is necessary to update the computer
- In all the other cases when is mandatory to have the
complete control on the whole updating process without connecting the computer
to the network.
How it works?
To update an isolated computer, Portable Update use an external
cache to store updates.
- The cache can reside on any usb external drive or, via private lan network, on a shared
path. Once an update is copied to the cache (the only time that an internet connection
is required), the same update will be used for all computer that need that particular
- You'll never download twice the same update to update different computers
or for updating many times the same computer. For example, consider that the dimension
of one single update can be very huge !
- Once the update is stored into the cache folder , the program will use standard Windows Update API services to update
- Different updates from different os's can reside on the same cache folder because they are individually identified.
- As result, you can see the log update in the standard update
history l og as it was
done from the normal Windows Update site!
- For any other technical information, please read the
- Microsoft Windows 8.1;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2;
- Microsoft Windows 8;
- Microsoft Windows 7;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008;
- Microsoft Windows Xp starting from Sp3 ;
- Microsoft Windows Vista;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003;
- Microsoft Windows 2000 starting from SP4;
Microsoft® and Windows® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
No spyware, no adware, no viruses:
If you like this software, consider to donate a small amount of money via PayPal,
contributing to finance this web space. Thank you very much in advance!
This software can be freely used for personal use, Ngo, 501(c) organizations and all public educational environments by donating a small amount of money.
This means that you (or your organization) can't make money with PortUp without purchasing a regular license.
For commercial contexts, PortUp is licensed on a physical/virtual updated machine basis for one year.
For license details please contact email@example.com.